Worksite Safety has been approved by the Ontario Ministry of Labour’s Chief Prevention Officer as meeting the working at heights training program and provider standards.
This Working at Heights course offers practical knowledge required for safely working at heights. Students will participate in hands-on equipment and setup exercises, and address safe practices and procedures as specified in Regulations by the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
For information regarding the measures we are taking for classroom training in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in Canada please refer to our update page here.
- Select your preferred training date and then add however many seats you require to your cart by selecting “Book Now”.
- You will then be asked to fill out your billing information before completing your booking and payment.
- Once processed, you will fill out attendee information and automatically receive a receipt and confirmation for your booking reservation.
- A second email with the details for your training including: start time, directions, and anything you will need for your upcoming class will follow shortly after.
Parking is free, and available for attendees in the hotel parking lot.
- Part One: Basic Theory
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Identification of Hazards, Eliminating or Controlling those Hazards
- Ladders and Similar Equipment
- Warning Methods and Physical Barriers
- Intro to Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Part Two: Practical Equipment
- Barriers and Other Fixed Equipment
- Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Anchor Points, Work Access Equipment, and Platforms
- Rescue Planning
For groups of Ten or More, the Working at Heights course is available at your location, on a date of your choice. Please contact us for more information.
Course Running Time: 8:30am- 4:30pm
Location: Best Western Plus Ottawa Kanata Hotel. 1876 Robertson Road, Ottawa, ON. K2H 5B8
|CPO Approved Ontario Ministry of Labour Provider ID: PRO-34957. Working at Heights Program ID: WAH - 35062.|
|Certificate Issued Upon completion of this 8 Hour training course, students will be issued a certificate showing proof of training, approved by the Ontario Ministry of Labour.|
|Materials Provided Course materials, workbooks, and a writing utensil will be provided.|
|Breaks & Lunch There are a couple 10-min breaks, as well as a 30-min lunch. Please plan for your own lunch.|
|No Charge Cancellation If for any reason you cannot attend your training, contact us at least 3 business days prior to your class for a full refund or 1 business day to reschedule.|
|On-Site Training For groups of Ten or More, the Working at Heights course is available at your location, on a date of your choice. Please contact us for a quote.|