This Joint Health and Safety Training Certification Part 2: Distance Learning course is the final step toward individual certification for a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) member. This training is delivered as a live instructor led webinar (online) over a period of 2 days.
Hazards Covered: Musculoskeletal Disorders & Ergonomics; Slips, Trips and Falls; Chemical Hazards; Electrical Hazards; Motor Vehicle Operations; Workplace Violence and Harassment; Noise
Booking & Training Process:
- Select your preferred training date.
- Add a seat to your cart for each of the individuals attending the training.
- Once your purchase is complete, you will be able to enter the names and contact emails for each of the attendees. If you do not have this information on hand, it must be provided at least 3 days prior to the start of training.
- Following your purchase you will receive all of the details regarding your training session by email, including your webinar access information.
- Attendees will receive a copy of the JHSC participant guide and Ontario Green Book prior to the start of training. Shipping time within Ontario is typically 1-3 business days.
- Students will be required to participate in webinar activities for 2 days through ZOOM, from 8:30am – 4:30pm. Upon completion, student training records will be submitted to the Ministry of Labour and a certificate will be issued.
The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires that at least two members of the committee (one representing the workers and one representing the management team) be certified. The size requirement of a JHSC depends on the number of employees:
- 1 – 5 Employees? You are not required to have a JHSC unless a designated substance regulation applies to your workplace.
- 6 – 19 Employees? You are required to have one health and safety representative who is selected by the workers they represent. If a designated substance regulation applies to your workplace, you are required to have a JHSC.
- 20 – 49 Employees? You are required to have at least 2 JHSC members.
- 50+ Employees? You are required to have at least 4 JHSC members.
Upon completion of the JHSC certification training Part Two, participants will be able to:
- Review key concepts of JHSC Part One Training
- Review the provincial hazard priorities
- Apply the RACE principles to each of the workplace hazard(s) selected for the training program, which will include the following items for each hazard that is being reviewed:
- Description of the hazard and how it may cause injury or illness.
- Information on relevant legislations, standards and guidelines for the hazard.
- Hazard recognition and assessment.
- Hazard control and evaluation of the control(s).
- Practice one or more Hazard Management Tools.
- Create a draft action plan and recommendations for the employer on one or more hazards reviewed in the training session.
Sale pricing of $299 applies to purchases made for classes occurring on May 20th or later.
Course Running Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm (2 Days)
Location: Live Online Class
|CPO Approved Program Name: Joint Health and Safety Training Certification Part 2 - Distance Learning|
|Certificate Issued Upon completion of this training course, students will be issued a certificate showing proof of training, approved by the Ontario Ministry of Labour.|
|JHSC Meeting Attendance Following completion, you will be eligible for a free audit of your JHSC meeting and consultation to help you succeed in your role.|
|Breaks & Lunch There will be two ten minute breaks, as well as a 30-minute lunch break.|
|No Charge Cancellation If for any reason you cannot attend your training class that you have booked, you can contact us at least 3 business days prior to your class for a full refund or 1 business day to reschedule.|
|Group Discounts Discounted training rates and flexible scheduling options for groups are available. Please contact us for details.|