This Mobile Elevating Work Platform training offers practical knowledge required for operating a mobile elevated work platform, including promoting the safe use of and inspection of mobile elevating work platforms.
Students will participate in hands-on equipment and setup exercises, and address safe practices and procedures as specified in Regulations by the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
This course will be priced at a day rate of $1300 (8 hour day):
- For new operators, the practical training and evaluation is approximately 2 hours long
- For experienced operators, the course evaluation is approximately 30 minutes long
Before Your Training Day:
Please be aware that CSA regulations state an operator must have both theory and practical training to operate a lift. Therefore, all trainees must complete theory training for MEWPs before taking this practical training.
Worksite Safety offers the theory portion of MEWP training through our online eLearning course available here which abides by CSA standards as well as federal and provincial legislation.
- Select however many 8 hour days you require to your cart and click “Add to Cart”. Contact Worksite Safety if you need clarity on the number of days you require.
- You will then be asked to fill out your billing information before completing your booking and payment.
- Once processed, you will automatically receive a receipt and confirmation for your purchase.
- You will then be contacted by a Worksite Safety Compliance Centre Booking Representative to arrange the training dates and to confirm the class of MEWP that you will be trained on using.
Hands-on practical with a lift is included. Practical training exercises include:
- Starting, positioning, and stopping
- Parking & securing
- Breakdown/emergency shutdown procedure
- Donning and use of personal protective equipment
- Incline operation
8 Hour Training Day Per Booking
Location: Your Workplace or Training Space Near You
|Certificate Issued Upon completion of this training course, students will be issued a certificate showing proof of training. Certification is valid for up to5 years.|
|You Will Need Fall Protection or Working at Heights training as well as Fall Protection gear for all MEWPs.|
|Your Location Will be the site for the examination. Therefore you must ensure that there is adequate space for it to take place.|
|For This Course Trainees will participate in practical training with our instructor to learn the safe operation and handling of the lift.|