Completion of this Joint Health and Safety Training Refresher training will renew your JHSC certification for three years. The Ontario Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development requires members of a JHSC to take a refresher course every three years in order to maintain their certification. This training is delivered as a live instructor led webinar (online). This is a 1 day class, starting at 8:30am and ending at 4:30pm.
Booking & Training Process:
- Select your preferred training date.
- Add a seat to your cart for each of the individuals attending the training.
- Once your purchase is complete, you will be able to enter the names and contact emails for each of the attendees. If you do not have this information on hand, it must be provided at least 3 days prior to the start of training.
- Following your purchase you will receive all of the details regarding your training session by email, including your webinar access information.
- Attendees will receive a copy of the JHSC participant guide and Ontario Green Book prior to the start of training. Shipping time within Ontario is typically 1-3 business days.
- Students will be required to participate in webinar activities using ZOOM, from 8:30am – 4:30pm. Upon completion, student training records will be submitted to the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development.
This JHSC Refresher training covers the following topics and activities:
- A review of key components of JHSC Part 1 & 2 training
- Relevant updates to legislation, standards, codes of practice, and occupational health and safety best practices
- Group discussion focused on addressing best practices and common challenges
The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires that at least two members of the committee (one representing the workers and one representing the management team) be certified. The size requirement of a JHSC depends on the number of employees:
- 1 – 5 Employees? You are not required to have a JHSC unless a designated substance regulation applies to your workplace.
- 6 – 19 Employees? You are required to have one health and safety representative who is selected by the workers they represent. If a designated substance regulation applies to your workplace, you are required to have a JHSC.
- 20 – 49 Employees? You are required to have at least 2 JHSC members.
- 50+ Employees? You are required to have at least 4 JHSC members.
This Joint Health and Safety Training Refresher course is delivered in partnership with EHS Zone.
Course Running Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Location: Live Online Class
|CPO Approved Program Name: JHSC Certification Refresher Training. Approved by Ontario's Chief Prevention Officer.|
|3 Year Renewal Upon completion of this training course, participants will have their JHSC Certification renewed for 3 years|
|JHSC Meeting Attendance Following completion, you will be eligible for a free audit of your JHSC meeting and consultation to help you succeed in your role.|
|Materials Provided Course materials, workbooks, an Ontario Green Book (OH&S Act & Regulations) and JHSC Participant guide will be mailed to each participant prior to the course start date.|
|Breaks & Lunch There will be two ten minute breaks, as well as a 30-minute lunch break.|
|No Charge Cancellation If for any reason you cannot attend your training class that you have booked, you can contact us at least 4 business days prior to your class for a full refund or 2 business days to reschedule.|