This blended fall protection course is completed partially online, and partially in-class. The theory portion of the training is delivered online, at your own pace and typically takes about 4 hours to complete. The practical component of training then takes an additional 4 hours in class, during which you will participate in hands-on instructor led training, followed by an exam.
The date you are booking for is the hands-on component of your training. You must finish the online training component before showing up for the practical component. Your online training is accessible immediately once you have booked the practical portion.
This Fall Protection certification has been developed to comply with CSA standards and the Alberta OH&S Code (Reg. 87/2009).
Throughout the course students will be trained on practical knowledge required for safely working at heights. Students will participate in hands-on equipment and setup exercises, and address safe practices and procedures as specified in Regulations by the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Alberta.
One day 8 hour in-class Fall Protection training is also available for $99 here.
- Select your preferred training date and then add however many seats you require to your cart by selecting “Book Now”.
- You will then be asked to fill out your billing information before completing your booking and payment.
- Once processed, you will fill out attendee information and automatically receive a receipt and confirmation for your booking reservation.
- A second email with the details for your training including: start time, directions, and anything you will need for your upcoming class will follow shortly after.
- Your online training will be available immediately once your booking is complete.
- Part One: Basic Theory
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Identification of Hazards, Eliminating or Controlling those Hazards
- Ladders and Similar Equipment
- Warning Methods and Physical Barriers
- Intro to Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Part Two: Practical Equipment
- Barriers and Other Fixed Equipment
- Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Anchor Points, Work Access Equipment, and Platforms
- Rescue Planning
Course Running Time: 12:00pm- 4:30pm
Location: 13647 149 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5L 2T3
|OH&S Compliant CSA Z259 Fall Protection standard, and Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code (Alberta Reg. 87/2009)|
|Certificate Issued Upon completion of this 8 Hour training course, students will be issued a certificate showing proof of training.|
|Materials Provided Course materials, workbooks, and a writing utensil will be provided.|
|Breaks & Lunch There will be one 10 minute break during the 4 hour in-class practical portion of training.|
|No Charge Cancellation If for any reason you cannot attend your training class that you have booked, you can contact us at least 4 business days prior to your class for a full refund or 2 business days to reschedule.|
|On-Site Training For groups of Ten or More, the Fall Protection course is available at your location, on a date of your choice. Please contact us for a quote.|
Parking is free, and available for attendees in the Training Centre parking lot.