AERIAL LIFTS & AERIAL WORK PLATFORMS ONLINE TRAINING
Any person operating a type of aerial lift is required to have proper safety training.
Worksite Safety’s Aerial Lifts & Aerial Work Platforms Certification program has been developed in accordance with federal and provincial legislations as safety training for workplaces across Canada.
This course covers safety protocol for employees required to operate aerial lifts. Many worksites will require practical, site-specific training (in addition to this theory training) before an employee is certified to operate machinery.
- Operator training and responsibilities
- Employer responsibilities
- Retraining and upgrade training
- Operator training
- Aerial lift and aerial work platform information
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to recognize and avoid safety hazards when using aerial lifts
- What legislation controls aerial lifts
- What is expected of a “competent” operator
- When retraining and upgrade training is required
- What aerial lifts are
- If and when Personal Protective Equipment is required
- Types of fall protection systems for aerial work platforms
- Safety standards of a power-operated elevating work platform
- Requirements of an operator of an elevating work platform
- Hazards associated with aerial lifts
- Pre-start inspection of vehicle and lift components
- Fall protection, overhead protection and stability
- Safety measures while operating lifts
Average Course Running Time: 1.5 Hours
Last Updated: January 2015
|STANDARDS COMPLIANT Developed based on Canadian federal and provincial legislation, safety standards and industry best practices.|
|PRINT CERTIFICATES ON COMPLETION Wallet & Wall sized certificates may be printed upon course completion. Additional copies may be re-printed at any time at no additional cost.|
|SELF PACED Unlimited access to your training materials. Take as much time as you need to successfully complete your course. Pause or resume training at any time.|
|LIVE STUDENT SUPPORT Phone, email, text and internet chat support is available 7 days/week Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 8:00 pm and weekends 12:00pm to 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time.|
|UNLIMITED EXAM ATTEMPTS Exams may be attempted until a passing grade is obtained.|
|RECORD OF TRAINING Training records are stored securely for up to 3 years and may be accessed on demand from your account.|
Training courses may be taken from desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and most devices with an internet connection. Course materials are automatically adjusted based on your device to deliver an optimized learning experience.
OPERATING SYSTEM & BROWSER COMPATIBILITY:
Online course materials are compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux, and most widely used operating systems.
Website features and courseware are compatible with most widely used web browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Adobe Flash player is not required to take training courses.