Due to COVID-19, all Joint Health and Safety Committee courses will be held Online through Instructor-Led Webinar classes. Training Calendar Available Here
The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires that at least two members of the committee (one representing the workers and one representing the management team) be certified.
This CPO Approved Joint Health and Safety Training Certification Part 2 course is the final step toward individual certification for a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) member, which is required under section 9 of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
Workplace Environments: Construction
Hazards Covered: Musculoskeletal Disorders & Ergonomics; Fall Hazards; Heavy Machinery Operation (Including Lock Out/Tag Out); Occupational Illnesses and Diseases; Chemical Hazards; Electrical Hazards; Excavation Hazards; Workplace Violence and Harassment
For information regarding the measures we are taking for classroom training in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in Canada please refer to our update page here.
- 1-2 Participants: $375 per person
- 3-4 Participants: $350 per person
- 5+ Participants: $325 per person
- Select your preferred training date.
- Add a seat to your cart for each of the individuals attending the training.
- Once your purchase is complete, you will be able to enter the names of each of the attendees for the training.
- Following your purchase you will receive all of the details regarding your training session by email.
Parking is free, and available for attendees in the Training Centre parking lot.
In order to be certified, learners must complete the Joint Health and Safety Committee certification training Parts 1 and 2. Part 2 must be completed within six months of completion of Part 1. This Joint Health and Safety Training Certification Part 2 course is delivered in partnership with EHS Zone, with training facilities provided by Worksite Safety.
Upon the successful completion of the Joint Health and Safety Committee certification training, learners will have the knowledge and skills needed to fulfill the legislated duties of a JHSC certified member and to support the workplace parties in understanding their roles as part of the Internal Responsibility System in preventing occupational injuries and illnesses.
How many people are required to be on a JHSC?
- 1 – 5 Employees? You are not required to have a JHSC unless a designated substance regulation applies to your workplace.
- 6 – 19 Employees? You are required to have one health and safety representative who is selected by the workers they represent. If a designated substance regulation applies to your workplace, you are required to have a JHSC.
- 20 – 49 Employees? You are required to have at least 2 JHSC members.
- 50+ Employees? You are required to have at least 4 members.
Upon completion of the JHSC certification training Part Two, participants will be able to:
- Review key concepts of JHSC Part One Training
- Review the provincial hazard priorities
- Apply the RACE principles to each of the workplace hazard(s) selected for the training program, which will include the following items for each hazard that is being reviewed:
- Description of the hazard and how it may cause injury or illness.
- Information on relevant legislations, standards and guidelines for the hazard.
- Hazard recognition and assessment.
- Hazard control and evaluation of the control(s).
- Practice one or more Hazard Management Tools.
- Create a draft action plan and recommendations for the employer on one or more hazards reviewed in the training session.
Course Running Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm (2 Days)
Location: 151 Superior Blvd, Unit #1, Mississauga ON, L5T 2L1
|CPO Approved JHSC Program Name: Joint Health and Safety Training Certification Part 2|
|Certificate Issued Upon completion of this training course, students will be issued a certificate showing proof of training, approved by the Ontario Ministry of Labour.|
|Materials Provided Course materials, workbooks, and a writing utensil will be provided.|
|Breaks & Lunch There are a couple 10-min breaks, as well as a 30-min lunch. Coffee will be provided in the morning. Please plan for your own lunch.|
|No Charge Cancellation If for any reason you cannot attend your training class that you have booked, you can contact us at least 3 business days prior to your class for a full refund or 1 business day to reschedule.|
|Group Discounts Discounted training rates and flexible scheduling options for groups are available. Please contact us for details.|
|On-Site Training For groups of Eight or More, JHSC Courses are available at your location, on a date of your choice. Please contact us for a quote.|