WHMIS Compliance Certification
Canadian law requires that any person exposed to hazardous materials in the workplace must be trained in Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS).
Worksite Safety’s WHMIS Certification program has been developed to meet and exceed the Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. This comprehensive course includes the new Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling for chemicals (GHS) enacted in 2015, as well as WHMIS legislation introduced in 1988.
It is an employee’s responsibility to participate in WHMIS safety training, take necessary measures to protect themselves and co-workers, and to properly identify and control hazardous materials. The onus is on the employer to ensure that hazardous materials are properly labelled, to have MSDSs available, and to offer education and training about the products in the workplace.
- WHMIS Introduction
- WHMIS 1988 Classes, Divisions, & Symbols
- WHMIS 1988 Personal Protective Equipment
- WHMIS 1988 Labels & Storage
- WHMIS 1988 Material Safety Data Sheets
- WHMIS 2015 Groups, Classes, & Categories
- WHMIS 2015 Physical Hazard Group
- WHMIS 2015 Health Hazards Group
- WHMIS 2015 Labels & Storage
- WHMIS 2015 Safety Data Sheets
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How and why WHMIS was formed
- What GHS is and its use
- What the HPA and CPR regulates
- WHMIS 1988 classes, divisions, and symbols
- How to use personal protective equipment
- How to read a supplier product label, a consumer product label, and a workplace label
- Safe storage practices
- How to read an MSDS
- WHMIS 2015 classes, divisions, and symbols
- How to read an SDS
- Where to get more information on a product
- What you should do in case of an emergency or spill
- What hazards are associated with certain products
Corporate training services may be available on request. Services include:
- Authoring of training modules specific to your workplace
- Instructor education
- Custom training manuals and employee handbooks
- Custom developed training portals
- Integration with internal learning management systems
Average Course Running Time: 1 Hour
Last Updated: June 2018
|PRINTABLE & MAILED CERTIFICATES Digital Wallet & Wall sized certificates can be printed immediately upon course completion. Wallet sized certificate cards can also be mailed out to students.|
|GUARANTEED ACCEPTANCE If for any reason your employer does not recognize this certification, we will refund the entire cost of this course within 30 days of purchase.|
|STANDARDS COMPLIANT Developed based on Canadian federal and provincial legislation, safety standards and industry best practices.|
|AWARD WINNING QUALITY Voted Best WHMIS Training Program and best Online Safety Training Provider by Reader's Choice.|
|SELF PACED Unlimited access to your training materials. Take as much time as you need to successfully complete your course. Pause or resume training at any time.|
|LIVE STUDENT SUPPORT Phone, email, text and internet chat support is available 7 days/week Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 8:00 pm and weekends 12:00pm to 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time.|
|UNLIMITED EXAM ATTEMPTS Exams may be attempted until a passing grade is obtained.|
|RECORD OF TRAINING Training records are stored securely for up to 3 years and may be accessed on demand from your account.|
Training courses may be taken from desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and most devices with an internet connection. Course materials are automatically adjusted based on your device to deliver an optimized learning experience.
OPERATING SYSTEM & BROWSER COMPATIBILITY:
Online course materials are compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux, and most widely used operating systems.
Website features and courseware are compatible with most widely used web browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Adobe Flash player is not required to take training courses.