TRANSPORTATION OF DANGEROUS GOODS BY GROUND (TDG) ONLINE TRAINING
Canadian law requires that any person shipping, handling, or transporting dangerous goods must be trained in accordance with Transport Canada’s standards by means of relevant transportation.
Worksite Safety’s TDG Certification program has been developed in compliance with Transport Canada’s Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Regulations.
This course covers all aspects of the TDG system, aimed primarily at ensuring students will have a clear understanding of the requirements of the following guidelines:
- Guideline B – Persons Handling Dangerous Goods
- Guideline C – Offering for Transport of Dangerous Goods
- Guideline D – Transportation of Dangerous Goods
A TDG certificate is valid for three years. TDG certificates are not transferrable (a new certificate is required each time a driver changes employment).
- Introduction to TDG
- Training requirements
- UN Numbers and Schedules
- Safety Marks
- Means of containment
- Accidental and imminent release
- Exemptions and special situations
- Waste manifest
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- What the TDG Act and Regulations include
- Governing agencies
- Training and compliance guidelines
- How to determine if a substance is a Dangerous Good
- Nine different types of Classifications
- The importance of Schedules and UN Numbers
- How to read safety marks
- When and how placards and labels are used
- What documentation is needed for transport
- Consignor responsibilities
- Carrier responsibilities
- Different types of means of containment
- Accidental Release and Imminent Accidental Release report requirements
- Why an Emergency Response Assistance Plan (ERAP) is needed
- How to fill out a Waste Manifest form
Average Course Running Time: 3 Hours
Last Updated: November 2017
|STANDARDS COMPLIANT Developed based on Canadian federal and provincial legislation, safety standards and industry best practices.|
|CERTIFICATE VALID FOR 3 YEARS Wallet and wall sized certificates may be printed upon course completion. Additional copies may be re-printed at any time at no additional cost.|
|GUARANTEED ACCEPTANCE If for any reason your employer does not recognize this certification, we will refund the entire cost of this course within 30 days of purchase.|
|SELF PACED Unlimited access to your training materials. Take as much time as you need to successfully complete your course. Pause or resume training at any time.|
|LIVE STUDENT SUPPORT Phone, email, text and internet chat support is available 5 days/week from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.|
|UNLIMITED EXAM ATTEMPTS Exams may be attempted until a passing grade is obtained.|
|RECORD OF TRAINING Training records are stored securely for up to 3 years and may be accessed on demand from your account.|
Training courses may be taken from desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and most devices with an internet connection. Course materials are automatically adjusted based on your device to deliver an optimized learning experience.
OPERATING SYSTEM & BROWSER COMPATIBILITY:
Online course materials are compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux, and most widely used operating systems.
Website features and courseware are compatible with most widely used web browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Adobe Flash player is not required to take training courses.