FIRE EXTINGUISHER TRAINING
This Online Fire Extinguishers Course will guide you through all aspects of Fire Extinguishers, from the types of fires, to the classes of Fire Extinguishers. Our comprehensive course will explain in detail what you need to know, emphasize key points and test your knowledge retention after each module. The course has been designed to teach you what you need to know to safely operate a fire extinguisher and understand what types of extinguishers can be used on what types of fires, as well as maintenance and fire safety, so by completing this course you can become a better educated worker and improve your knowledge of an important part in workplace safety.
After completion of this course, you should be able to understand:
- What is the ‘Fire Triangle”?
- What are the different classes of fires?
- How to use and maintain the different types of fire extinguishers
- How to prevent fires from starting and spreading
Key Points on Fire Extinguishers:
- Fire Extinguishers are divided into types based on the fluid/chemical they dispense
- Anyone working with Fire Extinguishers needs to understand each class of fire
- Not all Fire Extinguishers are effective on different classes of fires
- All employers should show diligence in ensuring workers are Fire Extinguisher trained
- Fire Extinguishers must be inspected monthly by a trained and competent individual
Average Course Running Time: 2 Hours
Last Updated: JANUARY 2015
|STANDARDS COMPLIANT Developed to meet and exceed Federal and Provincial standards.|
|PRINT CERTIFICATES ON COMPLETION Wallet & Wall sized certificates may be printed upon course completion. Additional copies may be re-printed at any time at no additional cost.|
|SELF PACED Unlimited access to your training materials. Take as much time as you need to successfully complete your course. Pause or resume training at any time.|
|LIVE STUDENT SUPPORT Phone, email, text and internet chat support is available 5 days/week from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.|
|UNLIMITED EXAM ATTEMPTS Exams may be attempted until a passing grade is obtained.|
|RECORD OF TRAINING Training records are stored securely for up to 3 years and may be accessed on demand from your account.|
Training courses may be taken from desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and most devices with an internet connection. Course materials are automatically adjusted based on your device to deliver an optimized learning experience.
OPERATING SYSTEM & BROWSER COMPATIBILITY:
Online course materials are compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux, and most widely used operating systems.
Website features and courseware are compatible with most widely used web browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Adobe Flash player is not required to take training courses.