FALL PROTECTION ONLINE TRAINING
Any person working at elevations is required by provincial law to be trained in fall protection safety.
Worksite Safety’s universal Fall Protection Certification program has been developed in accordance with federal and provincial legislations as safety training for workplaces across Canada (with the exception of Newfoundland).
By completing this online course and receiving on-site training, an employee is exercising his or her own due diligence in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
This course is not intended as a replacement for high-angle rescue, hands-on training, or more advanced training (such as the Ontario Ministry of Labour-regulated Working at Heights). If you require such training, please call 1-866-756-5552 for details about in-class training.
Fall protection introduction
Fall arrest systems
Hazard assessment, elimination, & control
Fall safety equipment
Regulations & applications
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Basic safety training for working at elevations
- Applicable safety legislations and standards
- When fall protection is required
- Four components of a personal fall arrest system
- Safety net installation
- Components of a Safety Walkaround checklist
- How to perform a hazard assessment
- Rescue and escape planning
- Five types of fall protection systems
- How and why falls can happen
- Pre-use inspection of safety equipment
- Different types of anchors, D-rings, rope grabs, carabiners, snap hooks, lanyards, web and chain rebar assemblies, slings, body-holding devices, and harnesses
- How to inspect, don, and adjust a harness
- How to use fall protection equipment
Average Course Running Time: 4.5 Hours
Last Updated: May 2016
|STANDARDS COMPLIANT Developed to meet and exceed Federal and Provincial standards.|
|CERTIFICATE VALID FOR 2 YEARS Wallet & Wall sized certificates may be printed upon course completion. Additional copies may be re-printed at any time at no additional cost.|
|SELF PACED Unlimited access to your training materials. Take as much time as you need to successfully complete your course. Pause or resume training at any time.|
|LIVE STUDENT SUPPORT Phone, email, text and internet chat support is available 5 days/week from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.|
|UNLIMITED EXAM ATTEMPTS Exams may be attempted until a passing grade is obtained.|
|RECORD OF TRAINING Training records are stored securely for up to 3 years and may be accessed on demand from your account.|
Training courses may be taken from desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and most devices with an internet connection. Course materials are automatically adjusted based on your device to deliver an optimized learning experience.
OPERATING SYSTEM & BROWSER COMPATIBILITY:
Online course materials are compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux, and most widely used operating systems.
Website features and courseware are compatible with most widely used web browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Adobe Flash player is not required to take training courses.