Minimum of 6 Participants
This is a live webinar course, taught in a virtual classroom setting. The instructor-led format of this training allows students to ask questions throughout their training, and receive personalized feedback to address any questions that a student may have. A certificate is issued upon completion.
Not sure if Webinar based training is right for you? Submit a request for more information here, and one of our advisors will contact you to discuss how we can help.
Booking & Training Process:
- Select your preferred training date.
- Add a seat to your cart for each of the individuals attending the training.
- Once your purchase is complete, you will be able to enter the names and contact emails for each of the attendees. If you do not have this information on hand, it must be provided at least 3 days prior to the start of training.
- Following your purchase, you will receive all of the details regarding your training session by email, including your webinar access information.
- A participant manual will be E-mailed to participants prior to the day of training
- Students will be required to participate in webinar activities using ZOOM, from 8:30am to approximately 12:30pm.
As of January 1, 2021, legislation will come into force to ensure employers prevent harassment and violence in federally regulated industries and workplaces (click here to learn more). This Workplace Violence Harassment training program has been developed to exceed these new federal requirements and is applicable to workplaces across Canada.
Today’s work environments can vary greatly in size and location; from a few people to hundreds, from an office to a construction site. However, no workplace is immune to the possibility of violence and harassment.
Throughout this course, students will participate in training to better recognize, respond to, and protect themselves and their workers against all types of workplace violence and harassment including:
- Harassment based on protected grounds
- Sexual Harassment
- Psychological Harassment
- Physical Violence
- Threatening Behavior
- Sexual Violence
- Domestic Violence
Additionally, this supervisory course will help you to:
- Better recognize examples of violence and harassment
- Develop and apply violence and harassment policies and programs
- Learn the strategies that can help prevent violence and harassment in the workplace
- Understand the follow-up procedures that should occur after incidents of violence or harassment
Who Should Take Violence in the Workplace Manager Training?
Any person that works in a workplace environment that carries the risk of violence or harassment should be trained in how to recognize Violent Incidents, how to respond, and how to prevent incidents. High Risk Professions may include, but not limited to:
- Health Care workers
- Social services
- Police or Security services
- Child Care Workers
- Construction supervisors and managers
- Industrial Facility supervisors and managers
- Any Worker or Employer in a Federally Regulated Workplace including:
- Air and Rail Transportation
- TV and Radio Broadcasting
- Port Services
- Trucking and Bussing
- First Nations Band Councils
- Banking Institutions
*This certificate is valid for 3 years. Individuals or employers may use their best judgment to set their own expiration period.
In addition to worker and supervisor training, we are also able to provide assistance with developing workplace violence and harassment policies. Please contact us if you require additional assistance with training, policy development, or if you are unsure what your workplace requirements might be.
Return & Refund Policy: You may cancel or reschedule a classroom training course up to 3 days prior to the scheduled training date, after which time the full training price will not be refunded.
Course Running Time: 8:30am - 12:30pm
Location: Live Online Class
|Accepted Across Canada Recognized and accepted across Canada.|
|Certificate Issued Upon completion of this training course, students will be issued a wallet & wall sized certificate showing proof of training.|
|Materials Provided A participant guide will be be shipped to students before the start date of the webinar.|
|No Charge Cancellation If for any reason you cannot attend your training class that you have booked, you can contact us at least 3 business days prior to your class for a full refund or 1 business day to reschedule.|
|Group Discounts Discounted training rates and flexible scheduling options for groups are available. Please contact us for details.|