H2S Awareness Training
Hydrogen Sulphide Online Training
Worksite Safety's Quick-Learn H2S Training Program is ideal for individuals who require H2S Training as a pre-requisite to employment and for businesses that require a simple and accessible solution for training their employees. H2S Training is required in many industries including oil & gas, water treatment and seismic.
After completion of this course students will immediately be issued a certificate.
H2S Course Running Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Worksite Safety’s Online H2S Training Course will guide you through all aspects of H2S, from the basic properties of H2S, to information about personal protective equipment as well as operating and rescue procedures. This course will explain in detail what you need to know to remain safe around H2S, emphasize key points and test your knowledge retention after each module.
After completion of this course, you should be able to understand:
- Working safely with Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) – What to do and not to do.
- How Hydrogen Sulphide forms and some important properties such as: flammability, toxicity, odor thresholds and vapor density
- Protection against H2Susing equipment such as respirators, rescue packs and gas monitors
- Precautions to take to ensure your safety when entering an area which may contain H2S vapors
- Rescue and first aid as it applies to H2Sexposure
- How to revive victims that have inhaled H2Susing artificial respiration and CPR
Key Points on H2S Awareness:
- H2S stands for Hydrogen Sulphide
- Anyone working around H2S is required by law to be H2S trained
- All employers are required to show diligence in ensuring their employees are H2S trained
- H2S Alive is only offered In Class - Please check your local business directory for a location where H2S Alive training is offered.
- Worksite Safety’s H2S Course is targeted for anyone not working with the direct threat of H2S
H2S Alive or H2S Awareness Training?
If you are unsure about whether or not you need H2S Alive or H2S Awareness, please contact your employer for clarification.
Any individual who is working at one of the following locations in the Oil and Gas Industry must have H2S Alive Certification:
- Drilling Rigs
- Sour Gas Plants